BOTULINUM – Botox®, Xeomin, & Dysport
Are you looking for a minimally invasive procedure to enhance your facial appearance? Botulinum can help reverse visible signs of aging. Utilizing a fine needle, a small deposit of the product is injected into the targeted muscle. The muscle relaxes, and you can achieve a younger and more dynamic appearance. Commonly treated areas are frown lines, forehead, crow’s feet and upper lip. We improve an aging look by treating jowls, apple dimpling of the chin and neck bands which erase an aging look. Botulinum is the most popular cosmetic procedure in the USA. Minimal discomfort is experienced during treatment. Occasional side effects such as bruising or swelling can occur, and we’ll advise you how to manage the side effects until they disappear.
3 reasons to choose Dr. Paula Moynahan for Botulinum
A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Board of Plastic Surgery member)
Board Certified ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Board of Plastic Surgery) members have distinct advantages – profound knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the face and body. Board Certified Plastic surgeons are skilled in the precise administration of the product to achieve the best results.
- Using a surgeon with understanding of the aesthetics of the face including symmetry, balance, proportion and youthful contours, assures maximum improvement.
- A well-trained, skilled and appropriately certified surgeon can maintain a vibrant and natural appearance as opposed to a “frozen” look, which we find patients prefer.
- Product usage – The appropriate product reconstituted to the proper strength and expertly administered to the targeted muscle achieves the best result.
Dr. Paula Moynahan, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Member of the ASPS and the ABS, is your best choice to obtain safe and successful results.
Who should use Botulinum?
Age or sex is not a factor in determining the use of botulinum for cosmetic purposes. Frequently, men and women in their mid-twenties, and well into their eighties seek a minimally invasive procedure that improves an aging appearance.
A consultation before treatment establishes the goals of the patient and a course of therapy is discussed at that time. Following treatment visible improvement occurs within two days. Lines begin to soften and generally at two weeks the full benefit is seen. Results are maintained on an average of 3 to 4 month. Maintenance therapy is advised since continued therapy preserves the benefit of an ageless appearance.
What you can expect from Botulinum?
A fine needle is used to selectively administer the product and discomfort is minimal. The most common side effects are some swelling and bruising which resolve quickly and are easily camouflaged. A softening and disappearance of wrinkles results in the emergence of a rested and more youthful appearance. A harsh, aged and even dissipated look is reversed.
One treatment, and sometimes a touch-up within two weeks results in optimal correction using Botulinum.
The benefits of plastic surgery are more than physical.
- Many satisfied patients experience increased confidence
- A rise in self-esteem then follows.
- Patients have reported being “happier” and looking and feeling their “best.”
- Many said they felt a positive impact on their quality of life.