The human skin provides a unique protective barrier between our body and the outside world. It is comprised of three layers, the epidermis, the dermis, and the hypodermis, each created to perform one indispensable task – they shield us from the effects of aging and the severe impacts that are visited upon us by the environment.
Hyaluronic acid, urea, lactic acid, and other substances assist the main proteins in keeping water in the dermis. The mix of hygroscopic molecules which enable the retention of sufficient water is called The Natural Moisturizing Factor of the skin (NMF) generally, the more water—the better the condition of the skin. The human skin loses water as it ages, is inflamed or otherwise damaged, as by environmental wounding. The signs of aging skin are visible. The skin loses the tension associated with the firmness of youth and the force of gravity eventually causes wrinkle formation and sagging skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Dew Drops” by DP Skincare is a sublime blend of hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, humectants, and minerals that serve as a sumptuous refreshment for your skin.
Human Skin Is The Ingenious Creation of Mother Nature.
Benefits of the Hyaluronic Acid Dew Drops
Hyaluronic acid is the most important ingredient in Dew Drops. Hyaluronic acid is a glycosaminoglycan, which binds water molecules and increases skin moisture. Hyaluronic acid plays a key role in regulating inflammation and promoting healing. Hyaluronic acid is an integral component of collagen, the protein that provides elasticity to the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The Dew Drops contain both fractioned and high molecular weight hyaluronic acid. What is the difference between both these forms of hyaluronic acid?
Fractioned hyaluronic acid is relatively light in weight and penetrates deeper into the skin. It supports collagen production and makes your skin look soft and supple. As the weight of the hyaluronic acid increases, it remains closer to the skin surface. High molecular weight hyaluronic acid strengthens the skin barrier and locks in the skin moisture. Intact skin barrier prevents transepidermal water loss and maintains hydration. The humectant property of hyaluronic acid enables it to carry 1000 times more water per molecule than its weight.
Glycerin and sodium PCA are also the key ingredients of Dew Drops, which possess humectant properties. Sodium PCA is the salt version of an amino acid called proline. Sodium PCA is a more potent humectant than glycerin, carrying 250 times more water than its weight. Similar to high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, sodium PCA and glycerin maintain the skin barrier, preserving the moisture, and preventing transepidermal water loss.
Hyaluronic Acid Dew Drops also contain antioxidants that combat free radical damage caused by harmful sun radiations. The antioxidants include glutathione, ergothioneine, and white tea or Camellia sinensis. Palmitoyl tripeptide-28 is a fatty-acid linked peptide that stimulates collagen production and conditions the skin. Replenishing collagen stores is important for maintaining the elasticity and firmness of the skin as well as fading the visible signs of aging. The Dew Drops also contain essential minerals – copper PCA and zinc PCA. Copper PCA stabilizes the skin and kills harmful microbes. Zinc PCA protects the skin from free radicals and facilitates healing after an injury. Both the minerals work together for the well-being of the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Dew Drops contain every essential ingredient your skin needs to heal and thrive. The product is devoid of any allergens and is suitable for every skin type. Regular use of Hyaluronic Acid Dew Drops by DP Skincare will provide your skin with a radiant and plump appearance.
- Bukhari SNA, Roswandi NL, Waqas M, Habib H, Hussain F, Khan S, Sohail M, Ramli NA, Thu HE, Hussain Z. Hyaluronic acid, a promising skin rejuvenating biomedicine: A review of recent updates and pre-clinical and clinical investigations on cosmetic and nutricosmetic effects. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018 Dec;120(Pt B):1682-1695. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.09.188. Epub 2018 Oct 1. PMID: 30287361.
- Essendoubi M, Gobinet C, Reynaud R, Angiboust JF, Manfait M, Piot O. Human skin penetration of hyaluronic acid of different molecular weights as probed by Raman spectroscopy. Skin Res Technol. 2016 Feb;22(1):55-62. doi: 10.1111/srt.12228. Epub 2015 Apr 16. PMID: 25877232.
- RUD M. Sodium PCA Is a Hydrating Ingredient For Skin Worth Knowing [Internet]. Byrdie. 2017 [cited 10 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.byrdie.com/sodium-pca-5187738
- Resende DISP, Ferreira MS, Sousa-Lobo JM, Sousa E, Almeida IF. Usage of Synthetic Peptides in Cosmetics for Sensitive Skin. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2021 Jul 21;14(8):702. doi: 10.3390/ph14080702. PMID: 34451799; PMCID: PMC8400021.
- Borkow G. Using Copper to Improve the Well-Being of the Skin. Curr Chem Biol. 2014 Aug;8(2):89- 102. doi: 10.2174/2212796809666150227223857. PMID: 26361585; PMCID: PMC4556990.
- Vitamins & Nutrients for Healthy Skin [Internet]. WebMD. [cited 10 January 2022]. Available from: