One common question cosmetic surgeons hear is when the best time of year to get their treatment is. The truth is that there’s not just one answer to this. Each of the different times of year offers its own benefits for different types of plastic surgery. Each season has its own environmental and social, and family concerns that can influence your choice. We’re going to go through the different seasons and discuss which treatments are best to receive specific treatments.
Best Season For Getting Plastic Surgery
Getting plastic surgery in Spring is often selected by those who genuinely love their winter sports. This ensures they’ll be healed when that season comes around and that the surgery won’t interfere with these activities. Other benefits of getting a spring surgery include:
- The cool climate allows covering the treatment area while recovering
- Children in school allow more time for recovering
- Long weekends and spring holidays provide additional recuperation time
- Can get your body ready for Summer
The best surgeries to get in Spring include facial surgery, breast surgery, and body contouring treatments.
Truth be told, Summer is one of the least favorable seasons for getting surgery for most people. However, if you’re able to stay indoors most of the time in an air-conditioned environment, it can work. However, problems can develop if you intend to spend a significant amount of time outside. However, if you’re able to stay inside for a couple of weeks or more to recover, there are some benefits.
- Surgical sites will have healed by the time cold weather rolls around
- Summer is an expected time for extended vacations, giving ample opportunity for recovery
- Everyone is out on holiday means they’ll see you at your best when they return
Some standard procedures during the holidays include an eyelid tuck, brow lift, botox, facelift, rhinoplasty, and dermal fillers.
The fall is an excellent time to consider plastic surgery. The weather is cooling down, allowing you to wear more concealing clothing while you heal. Further, there’s plenty of time to look your absolute best for wintertime activities and gatherings. The environment is also more suitable for recovering from the treatment, especially given the additional time spent indoors.
- Sweater weather makes for easy concealment
- Heal before the holidays for a smashing impression
- Recuperation is easy thanks to long weekends and shorter days
Body contouring, tummy tucks, breast surgery, facial surgeries, and rhinoplasty are seasonal favorites!
Speak To Your Cosmetic Surgeon For Further Advice
Reaching out to your cosmetic surgeon can provide you with necessary guidance on which season is suitable for your procedure. Winter tends to be an all-time favorite, thanks to the long nights and limited outdoor activity. However, there’s no wrong time of year to improve your overall appearance. Reach out to your surgeon for a consultation and assessment. Together you’ll create a treatment plan that can achieve your goals while taking advantage of the seasonal conditions.