The Juvéderm Family of Filers: Allergan
What You Should Know About Juvederm®:
There are four types of Juvederm®, and each product is made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid.
- Juvederm ® XC
- Juvederm ® Ultra XC
- Juvederm ® Volbella
- Juvederm ® Voluma XC
How Juvederm ® Works
Hyaluronic acid exists naturally in the skin and has the extraordinary ability to attract 1000 times its own weight in water. Hyaluronic acid in the skin provides softness, volume and moisture retention.
How Juvederm ® Can Help You
- Juvederm ® XC – used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as those from the nose to mouth (nasolabial) and mouth to the jaw line (marionette). Juvederm ® XC injected into the mid to deep layers of the skin reduces the evident signs of aging.
- Juvederm ® Ultra XC – shapes and discreetly plumps the lips. Fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth lessen, resulting in a younger-looking appearance.
- Juvederm ® Volbella – provides fullness to genetically thin lips or lips which have shrunk due to the effects of aging. When treated with this product, fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth lessen for a smoother and younger look.
- Juvederm ® Voluma XC – adds volume to age-related flattening and hollowing of the cheeks. Contours of the face are changed. Juvederm ® Voluma XC plumps sunken cheeks and smooths overlying skin. Sagging skin is lifted and you can achieve a younger and more attractive appearance.
Who Can Benefit from Juvederm® Use?
Adults in good health who want a refreshed and younger appearance can benefit from Juvederm®. Consult with Dr. Moynahan to correct facial lines, wrinkles, sunken cheeks, sagging skin and thinning lips. We will discuss your goals and you will have the opportunity to ask questions and have them answered to your satisfaction. A thorough examination is performed and the optimal course of treatment advised. Dr. Moynahan will explain each and every step to you ensuring that you understand the results you can realistically expect. As always she will address any concerns you may have.
Side effects such as bruising or swelling can occur when Juvederm ® is administered. They are usually mild and go away quickly.
Dr. Moynahan’s Juvederm patients have given us positive feedback on the results they’ve gotten with this product, reporting satisfaction with their appearance and a boost in their confidence.
The benefits of plastic surgery are more than physical.
- Many satisfied patients experience increased confidence
- A rise in self-esteem then follows.
- Patients have reported being “happier” and looking and feeling their “best.”
- Many said they felt a positive impact on their quality of life.