What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.
The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity and lifestyle.
What dermal fillers can do”
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
This is a groundbreaking product that is the first filler approved by the FDA specifically for adding volume to the cheeks and mid-face area. The thick gel is injected deeper than other fillers and lasts longer – up to 2 years.
- JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel
- BELOTERO BALANCE®
These are all made from hyaluronic acid. These synthetic, non-allergenic, temporary fillers last from 6 months to 2 years depending on the product and individual factors.
- RADIESSE® is a long lasting deep dermal filler made with calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. It stimulates your body to produce new collagen around the injection area.
- Sculptra – Poly-L-lactic Acid “PLLA” Filler and Volumizer
4 Reasons to choose Dr. Moynahan:
A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Board of Plastic Surgery member)
Board Certified ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Board of Plastic Surgery) members have distinct advantages – profound knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the face and body. Board Certified Plastic surgeons are skilled in the precise administration of the product to achieve the best results.
- Using a surgeon with understanding of the aesthetics of the face including symmetry, balance, proportion and youthful contours, assures maximum improvement.
- A well-trained, skilled and appropriately certified surgeon can maintain a vibrant and natural appearance as opposed to a “frozen” look, which we find patients prefer.
- Product usage – The appropriate product reconstituted to the proper strength and expertly administered to the targeted muscle achieves the best result.
Dr. Paula Moynahan, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Member of the ASPS and the ABS, is your best choice to obtain safe and successful results.