The skin of the upper and lower eyelids loses tone and elasticity with aging and droops. Fat pads of both upper and lower eyelids become prominent and are referred to as “bags”. The clear definition of the eyelids is obscured. Eye bags may be due to genetics and present at an early age. Surgery results in opening the eye accentuating the crease of the upper lid and eliminating the bags of the lower eyelids. A rested and youthful appearance is restored.
Contact us today if you are interested in learning more about eyelid tucks or eye lift surgery.
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds
- Puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping eyelids
- Loose excess skin
- Fine wrinkles under the eye
Eyelid Surgery Recovery
Recovery from eyelid surgery and eye lifts generally takes 7-14 days. After your surgery you will be brought to the recovery room where you will be attended to by our nurse. Patients are generally ready to go home within a couple hours of being brought into recovery. Within 7 days the bruising or swelling you are experiencing will begin to subside. For 2 weeks after surgery limit physical activity to light cardio exercise. After 2 weeks you can resume your regular routine.
The benefits of plastic surgery are more than physical.
- Many satisfied patients experience increased confidence
- A rise in self-esteem then follows.
- Patients have reported being “happier” and looking and feeling their “best.”
- Many said they felt a positive impact on their quality of life.